lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

2009 gx470 cargo door won't unlock, I've taken the cargo

Customer Question

2009 gx470 cargo door won't unlock
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: I've taken the cargo door panel off yes first time
JA: Are you fixing your Cargo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: door is closed wont open
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: key fob won't work no switch in glove box or anywhere else can't figure out how to take out the actuator
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
while I'm waiting for a response, I pulled the panel off and manually opened the door. After it opened, I closed it and tried it again with the key fob, locked and unlocked again several times, and it seems to work fine now. Not sure why, but glad it seems to be fixed ? Now I'm on the right hand passenger side door, took off the panel, now I'm not sure what needs to be replaced, it seems like the actuator is behind the steel portion of the door. just below the window near the opening of the door. I can get to the door lock near the hinge side of the door. I think I'm stuck.
Expert:  Merlin Beerens replied 3 months ago.

Hi there, I just came online and saw that nobody has responded to you yet, did you still need help with something?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Nope I got it myself