Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Lexus IS 250 won't start it turns over, foot pedal feels

Lexus IS 250 won't start it turns over, foot pedal feels hard?
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: It was in a small accident steering Rick damage it sat for 6 weeks battery was completely dead. It's fully charged but just turns over all lights are bright. The body shop did remove front bumper, one headlight and right fender..
JA: What year is your IS 250?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your IS 250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Battery terminals look good
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: New battery on key charged battery
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I had car towed to my house and had no problem starting. But now 7 weeks I got car back with flat battery. Have charged and had battery tested and is good. Don't understand why it won't catch it turns over brake pedal feels hard not like usual. Not sure if it has something to do with bumper, fender and light remove? 3/4 tank of gas
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can this be fuse related?
Is the car sensing that parts are removed and won't start because of that?
As I removed battery completely is there some protocol of starting car once replaced?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

I have found out as I am helping all the customers whom have waited to long. Many no longer needed help. If you still need help let me know.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
do you understand my situation

Do you know how to check fuel pressure, ignition spark, and injector pulse?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I don't.

Are you planning to get someone to help you diagnose this concern since you do not work on cars?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I know a little and thought this would be an easy fix. The car was fine but as sitting at body shop for 6-7 week with dead battery now just catch.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Doesn't catch but turns over strong, could something be removed by bodyshop before dismantling few parts to prevent starting?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Could it be a key reset?
Can this car sense that there are missing parts and a damaged steering rack to prevent starting?

Doesn't catch but turns over strong, could something be removed by bodyshop before dismantling few parts to prevent starting? It is very likely the collision or body shop damaged a part needed to start like wiring or the cam or crank sensor.

Could it be a key reset? A reset should not be needed. You just need to make sure the theft light is not flashing with the key on.

Can this car sense that there are missing parts and a damaged steering rack to prevent starting? The rack is not to blame and yes missing parts can cause no fuel pressure, no ignition spark, and no injector pulse. There are a ton of possible causes. We just need to be able to diagnose and figure out which of the 3 primary things needed are working and which are not.

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
After the collision I had vehicle for 3 days and started just before towed to body shop. I will check theft light.. Engine light is on and waring tire low pressure. The only parts removed from car are front bumper skin with fog lights, 1 headlamp, drivers front fender. It wasn't a bad collision hood, drivers door no damage.
What do you recommend I do as I just don't want to start repairing car not knowing what's wrong with engine. It only has 75,000 and well looked after? Do I need s mechanic to plug in to see codes?

Codes would help but just asking any of your friends if they know how to check the things I mentioned and can help you would do alot. Once I know what is missing I can help you diagnose that through diagnostics using a scan tool or volt/ohm meter.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok I will ask friends. I do have the car back after terrible customer service and decided I would not let them repair car I do not have all missing parts as the Lexus dealer cannot locate them plus some employee stole passenger window switch. As soon as all parts are ready I will collect. Just don't understand why it won't start?

I will do my best to help you get to the bottom of this.

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Unfortunately your answer did not help me. I have to call a mechanic to find out what is wrong.

Sorry you could not respond sooner so I could help more.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I hoped you could help do you know a Lexus mechanic?

Yes I do.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you connect me with him. Thanks

You asked do I know a Lexus tech. I am one, which is what Implied. I do not know any of the other techs here. Which tech do you want and I will try to send them a message? The next person is going to ask the same questions I have. We need to know what the car is getting and what it is not to diagnose this.