Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Opened the door and then no electrics what so ever. had it

Customer Question

Hi, opened the door and then no electrics what so ever. had it jump started by a mechanic however the same thing has happended again as soon as i turned the car off. Battery is 1 year old.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: No, no electrics at all. Mechanic said battery was low for some reason but not dead and after 45 minutes of driving it should have been ok?
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2008 is 250
JA: Are you fixing your IS 250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Havent tried anything yet! I always use a mechanic.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats all I think
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Based on experience, you have one of two problems. Either your one year old battery has a fault inside of it (a loose battery plate will not allow the battery to charge, or, your alternator is not capable of running the electronics of the car and charging the battery at the same time. If the Battery light is illuminate in the instrument panel, I would recommend replacement of the alternator. If not, I would recommend replacement of the battery.

It is not that uncommon for a fairly "new" battery to fail.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. Please do take a moment to confirm you have received my input. Thanks!

If you do not have any other questions, Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you. I trust my input is satisfactory and meets your expectations. A positive rating for my assistance on your request would be greatly appreciated; thanks again and have a great day