Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Brake pedal seems really stiff and Check VSC message coming

Customer Question

Brake pedal seems really stiff and Check VSC message coming on. Lights in vehicle working fine. Along w headlights. I have a Lexus IS350
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: no idea where to even start. Sorry. I'm a 26 year old female and know nothing ab this kinda stuff. But am out in the middle of nowhere leaving a friends, trying to get home.
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 07 IS350
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing other than tightening the gas cap. I'm afraid of doing anything else. Like I said. I don't even know where to behind. Obviously I love been reading ab the Battery. But I wouldn't know what to disconnect/reconnect
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Think that's it. My lights inside (radio/dash/etc) were doing some weird blinking thing when I first encountered this issue ab 30 min ago
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Since the VSC light or message has come on this indicates the vehicle stability control has detected a component at fault here and is most likely related to the stiff pedal.This can be due to a brake booster fault,anti lock brake unit fault or master cylinder in some cases.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked/read out with a fully compatible scan tool that will plug in and can communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need to then be diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete