Edward
Edward, Service Technician
Experience:  20 + years experience on various makes and models.
29534642

Battery is dead but when I replace it car won't start every

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: Battery is dead but when I replace it car won't start every thing normal expect no crank
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: Yes I did
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2008 es350
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I checked the battery and fuses every thing looks fine
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello I didn't use my lexus since February it was working fine any way yesterday I tried to start it but it doesn't work then I replace the battery everything works fine accept the engine not even cranking
Start key green
Panic works good window radio all systems works
I don't know if it security thing or I did something wrong which not possible because it's only a battery and I am an Apache helicopter technician
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
there is sound like fuel pump sound but it's loud
Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

Lock and unlock the doors a few times, and then try to crank it in park and neutral. let me know if that helps. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nothing happens same thing that's weird because It's was working fine last time before that battery dead
Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

Lights don't blink like the alarm is tripped or anything?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is no cranking sound at all but every thing else works good or let say better because it's a new batt
Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

Alright, Do you have a 12 volt test light or volt meter you could check signal to the starter motor by chance?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I don't right now I'll get it tomorrow
Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

Alright, do you see the under hood fuse panel? should be a fuse marked ST in there that is 30 amp green fuse. make sure it's good.

Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

Here is the schematic I have on the starting circuit, note the starter motor is in the left hand bottom corner, and the ECM grounds the relay.

Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

Take a jumper wire from the positive battery terminal and touch it to the terminal where the small black wire connects to the starter solenoid, see if it cranks then. if it doesn't, and your battery is fully charged, it will need a starter motor.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK I will let you know what will happen thanks
Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

Absolutely, Thank you.