Greg
Greg, Import tech
Experience:  17 year shop owner
29331485

I was trying to change the cigarette lighter fise in my 06

Customer Question

I was trying to change the cigarette lighter fise in my 06 lexus ga 300 and now my p/s brake abs and afs light is now on
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: Both the one for the parking brake being on
JA: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and checked all the fuses i think i just didnt put one back right but my car doesn't have an owners manual for the fuse box diagram
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats it
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

Hi .

Did you find that the fuse was bad for the cig fuse and replace it .

did you change anything else like fit a fuse that was missing .

Is the Cig aux plug now working .

So now the ABS and Brake warning lights are ON with the engine running .

Greg

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No all the fuses were fine
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just do not have the diagram to check and see which one i misplaced
Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

Okay good first what i need you to do is just disconnect the battery for a few minutes and press on the brake pedal for a few seconds ,this will clear codes in the management system .

Reconnect then start the engine and test drive .

If the two lights come on then please let me know .

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did that yesterday and they we're still on and my power steering doesn't work
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Everything was working fine until i checked all the fuses then those lights came on
Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

Which fuses, in the car or under the hood.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
In the car under the dash
Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

Okay under the passengers and drivers side fuse box are no fuse to interfere with the ABS system .

Normally when we see with these cars a issue where the ABS and brake light is on is a problem with the ABS module .

So what you need to do first is check the fuse under the hood .the fuse box on the passengers side .

Check this first ,you find all fuses and relays good you will need to be hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool

and check for ABS malfunction codes .

From the codes you will then know what has failed and tripped on the warning lights.

If you need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Before rating poor or bad please get back to me as i'm here to help you and if i can't i will opt out so another expert can , we want you to be happy and have your problem sorted out and be a happy motorist .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating to this problem
Kind regards Greg..

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I checked them they are all there and not burnt out
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
my power steering is not working my speedometer is not working my brakes work fine those lights are on and the afs off light is onn
Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

Hi .

Okay the steering system has tripped the warning lights and the no speedometer issue also .

You will need to be hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool as said above .this is the only way you will find out what your problem is .seen this happen before when one tried to jump his car and got the jump leads crossed .

ended up blowing the main fuse and causing the ABS module to fail.

If all fuses are good you need to be hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and gather all codes that may be stored.

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Will an autozone scan tool work
Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

Don't think there tool will cover ABS system but if the check engine light is on go ahead and get me the codes

Greg

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Its not and i do not have a code reader
Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

The only other options is the dealer or a brake shop like midas that have the equipment to check this out for you..

Greg