Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Second opinion] 2 things...battery has been an issue for 2

Customer Question

Second opinion] 2 things...battery has been an issue for 2 weeks so Ive been jumping it with a jump box every day.. yesterday i made a mistake and criss crossed jumper cables which caused sparks and minor smoke. Today mechanuc replaced all blown fuses, about 7 if them and replaced battery
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: Now car starts, however immediately cuts off..all the lights and radio works..just wont stay on
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: Mechanic found i think 3
JA: What year is your Lexus?
Customer: 07 lexus 400 rx hybrid
JA: Are you fixing your RX Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Local mechanic is but doesn't really work on lexus. Replaced battery and changed all blown fuses from me nit jumping it properly
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately what I have seen cause this fault here in the past is when a jump start is done incorrectly like what was done here this can actually damage one or more computers in your vehicle.I have had to replace several computers for this type of fault here in the past.I would have a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle to see if it can communicate with all computers properly.If it does not communicate with one or more computers that it should communicate with then the power and ground signals need tested at that computer to see if they are all present.If they are present then that computer will need replaced unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete