sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2008 lexus is 250, yes I am a mechanic, the problem

Customer Question

HELLO
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I have a 2008 lexus is 250
JA: Are you fixing your IS 250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I am a mechanic
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the problem is this Lexus is push start and when the button is pressed all the lights come on but the car wont crank
JA: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?
Customer: yes I supplied the starter with 12 v direct and it cranked but didn't turn over
Category: Lexus
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many possible causes for a no crank condition and it will require some electrical testing to determine exactly what is going on.

Have all fuses been checked?
Does the fuel pump run when the ignition is turned on?
Does the ECM communicate with a scan tool?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
All fuses been checked and all are goodWhen I disconnected the fuel pressure sensor the car cranked and turned on but no engine power and the computer throws a code for no communication with fuel injector control module .
whenever I reconnect the sensor no crank what so ever and the check engine light and the battery light will disappear, and the computer won't connect with the ECM

When the engine is able to start then the ECM communicates, correct?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

What is the actual P code that sets?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
U0105

When the engine is able to run and it is setting a fault code what code number is ***** in the ECM?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's the code for the fuel pressure sensor it's normal because it's disconnected I forgot what's the code but I don't think that's the problem

I need to know the P code number. If you're unplugging something and it's allowing the ECM to operate then yes, there is a problem with that.