Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

Will not start or turn over. Replace battery. GS 300 lexus

Customer Question
Will not start or...
Will not start or turn over. Replace battery
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: GS 300 lexus 2006
JA: Are you fixing your GS 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replace battery
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The fan come on
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lexus
1/5/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Amedee, Lexus Technician replied 1 year ago
Amedee
Amedee, Lexus Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you anyway I can.

Do the headlights come on? What about the dome light?

Have you checked for codes in the computer?

Are you looking for some possible causes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the lights come.
When I try to start the vehicle the cooling fan come on

Thank you for that information.

Does it click at all when in the starter position? If so, does it click once or multiple times?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

Thank you for that information.

If there is no sound at all, this simply be a faulty starter motor. This is very common. You would have to check for voltage going to the starter motor with switch in the CRANK position just to be sure. If there is power but the starter is not activating, the starter is bad and will need to be replaced.

Also, be sure all fuses are good as well. This system uses a few different modules to control the starting circuit on this vehicle. All modules get powered up through various fuses so be sure to confirm they are all good. Both under the hood and inside the vehicle.

I am glad I can help!

Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STAR SERVICE" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Hello!

It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!

Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, Lexus Technician