FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFICATION, AA DEGREE
1627031

I have a Lexus Rxmodel. Recently my battery went dead, and I

Customer Question

I have a Lexus Rx(###) ###-####model. Recently my battery went dead, and I got it replaced by AAA. Since then the Menus and the MAP buttons do not work and the Navigation screen is blank. How ever the other screens are working ( Climate, Info, Etc). Tee camera is working. The diagnostic error code reads as NCON
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: The baetter was changed by a certified AAA specialist and it was a new battery , which was tested by him prior to replacement.
JA: Are you fixing your RX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not really, would it be a simple fix
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Lexus
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** sounds like the system is locked out by the security system. When battery power is lost this will occur. If you have the code to turn it off it will typically be in the glove box and will be on a small card in the vehicles manual. You should see if you have this code. If you do then you can enter it into the nav system to get it working again. If not then you will need to go to the dealer to have this done. If you need more help please let me know.