Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert
8257649

How much dies replacement of axel cost, ft front, i was

Customer Question

How much dies replacement of axel cost , ft front
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: i was quoted $850
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2004. Rx330
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, I am going to a autu repair place.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Lexus dealership said I should go ahead and replace both...left and Rt axels
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 11 months ago.

Are you looking to replace with just Lexus axles only or are you open to aftermarket axles? Is this a four-wheel-drive or*****?

Do you have the VIN available?

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/lexus,2004,rx330,3.3l+v6,1421312,drivetrain,cv+half+shaft+assembly,2288

if you are looking at aftermarket this link I just posted above is from rock auto. They have Cardone drive axles for about $62. I have used these drive axles and they are pretty decent quality. If you are only keeping the vehicle for a few more years I would not spend the big money on the factory axles. If you went to an aftermarket shop they will probably charge you about three hours to do the right drive axle if it is***** And two hours to do the left drive axle. These will be about the maximum labor times that you configure and most shops are charging anywhere from $80 an hour to $130 an hour depending on your location. Labor would be pretty much the same whether it's the dealer or an aftermarket shop as far as the labor times the labor price would let me be higher at the dealer, the difference is going to be the cost of the drive axle. Unless you can buy the drive axles from the dealer at wholesale price typically the drive axles will run you at least $$200 to 300 apiece from the dealer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
2T2GA31U44C010245

The labor will end up being the same whether it's***** or four-wheel-drive. Click this link for the part number and price online for the Lexus drive axle for the right side. https://www.trademotion.com/parts/index.cfm?searchText=43410-0E020&make=Lexus&action=oePartSearch&siteid=214915

click this link for the left side drive axle information the rest of the information I gave you is accurate. In the previous reply. https://www.trademotion.com/parts/index.cfm?make=Lexus&year=&searchText=43420-0E020&action=oePartSearch&siteid=214915