sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 2009 is250 will not start. Dash warning lights has ABS,

Customer Question

Hi, my 2009 is250 will not start. Dash warning lights has ABS, slip indicator and like steering wheel with exclamation on. Engine starts to turn on but stops after a second.battery has Been confirmed. Please help.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If all of this started at once then I would first suspect a communication bus issue. The modules all communicate with each other over a wired network and if communication is lost then it will cause multiple warning lights to come on, the starting and dying is most likely due to a security issue from lack of communication.

It's going to take some electrical testing to determine what is going on. Disconnecting the battery in the mean time is counterproductive. A scan tool will need to first be used to see what modules do and don't communicate, what fault codes are set in any that do, and then power and ground and bus communication voltage testing will need to be done at the modules that don't communicate.