Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

OBD codes of PO441 and PO445. what should i do? PO441 and

Customer Question
OBD codes of PO441 and...
OBD codes of PO441 and PO445. what should i do?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: PO441 and PO445. have not tried to reset.
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2009 RX 350
JA: What year is your Lexus?
Customer: 2009 RX 350
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: haven;t tried anything yet. just gor error codes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lexus
11/10/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Ron Z., - Lexus Tech - replied 1 year ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Lexus Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

Can you double-check that second p-code? P0445 is not a valid code for this vehicle. Possibly P0455?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Report says PO445 "evap leak". Perhaps typo on their part

Ok. I believe that may be a type-o. Not a valid code for this year/make/model. If it says "EVAP Leak" I believe it's P0455 which is a "EVAP System Large Leak Detected".

Ok- the P0455 is a large leak, and the P0441 points to a problem with the EVAP Purge Solenoid. So, first and foremost- Check the fuel cap and make sure it's tight and seated correctly. Check the underside of the fuel cap for any cracks or signs of defects that may keep the cap from sealing correctly. If there are any doubts about the inspection of the cap, replace it. Keep in mind, you will need a cap that meets OE Specs. Those "universal" or "locking" fuel caps sold at after market parts stores do not meet OE specs, and will not seal the system correctly. If you are certain the cap is good, then concentrate efforts on the Purge Solenoid. Carefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Inspect the rubbed lines for any cracks, holes or disconnections. If the visual inspection checks ok, more commonly the Purge Solenoid will need to be replaced. You can confirm the solenoid is faulty with an Ohms meter. It should be between 23-26ohms. If not, replace. For an image location view of the Purge Solenoid, click here: https://goo.gl/7sKfbx

Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Hi! I noticed this Q&A was still open, so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Any other questions you had? Was there something you wanted addressed that I may have missed in my answer? Did you find my answer helpful?

..

Ron Z.
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Lexus Tech -