lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

2004 GX470 with navigation. I had to cross a stream and the

Customer Question

2004 GX470 with navigation. I had to cross a stream and the water level came almost to my fenders. Water seeped into the cabin and my floorboards got wet. Mainly the driver side. My amp under my seat got wet. I removed it and set it aside to dry. Prior to removing it, I had no radio.
Now I have DTCs but no trouble codes. My brake light and VSA lights are also on. I have a KIWI plex scanner and found no issues. None of the main ECU got wet.
As of now I soaked up most of the water and applied fans to dry. Any advice is greatly appreciated on what to do!
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The first thing you need to do is get the amp dried out. Get several bags of plain rice. Remove the amp and put it into a large plastic bag and cover the amp with the rice. The rice will absorb the moisture form the amp. Second, what are your DTCs? Since you forded water, the brake light/VSC lights are on probably because there is water inside the hubs where the wheel speed/RPM sensors are, or, you have water intrusion in the Wheel speed sensor wire connections. You would also do well to pull the front carpet up from the floor to allow air to circulate under the carpet. Please advise of your DTCs

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. Please do confirm that you have received my input. Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

The DTC lights are on but no trouble codes are found.

Do I need a different type of scanner that reads brake DTC?

Yes. Generic scanners only read Engine DTCs. You would need to find a scanner that is capable of reading ABS/VSC and TRAC codes.