Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I was just informed that disconnecting/disabling the folding

Customer Question

I was just informed that disconnecting/disabling the folding the folding side view mirror on a 2002 lexus 4300 will cause trouble code problems. The drivers side doesnt work any more, and I have to listen to 8 or 9 secs of the motor whining, attempting to move the mirror. Not interested in the folding feature - just want noise to go away.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry - just saw your response. I'll leave my computer up to see if you respond.

Is the mirror right now stuck in or out?

Is it setting codes now?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No- its real loose on its "axis" - I've taken to stuffing strips of rubber/plastic in it to keep in place. It's not sending any codes - the guy at the shop said that disconnecting it would cause all kinds of havoc w/ comptr and send codes.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've played w/ the 3way switch to the left of steering wheel ( in an effort to set it to "manual") - and the noise occurs no matter which position.

At this time I think its worth trying to unplug this motor to see what happens. I can not confirm this is going to result in codes. If your willing to try this then I can help with the steps.

.

Prior to completing the mandatory rating at the top of your screen. Let me know if I have not yet provided you with ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~service. Reply and let me know in more detail what you need to be pleased with my help. Rating is the only way I am paid from the deposit you made.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
yeah - I'm taking it into another shop Mon morning. That guy didn't think that the TCs would be such a big issue. They'll disconnect and see what happens.

Do you need any more help from me?