Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Key doesn't turn at trunk and pulling trunk release leaver

Customer Question

key doesn't turn at trunk and pulling trunk release leaver on dash doesn't work made sure valea is in correct position
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: yes and tried key that came with car and was never used so it should not be damaged
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 1991 ls 400
JA: Are you fixing your LS 400 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took to a mechanic who pried it open with pry bar then shut it and hasn't open since then I tried valea again and it opened shut trunk lid again thinking I fixed it but wont open
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i beleave that about it
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with the trunk latch itself needing replaced.I have seen issues with the latch in the past before cause this fault here.Usually this will require a lock smith or dealer to access the trunk when this fault occurs as it can require drilling out and replacing the lock cylinder to try and manually release the latch.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete