Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

It started a few days ago, when I use the remote to unlock

Customer Question
the driver door and all...
It started a few days ago, when I use the remote to unlock the driver door and all doors, when I open the driver door with the handle the alarm will turn on until I press the remote unlock button twice. The same thing happens even if I use the key to unlock the driver door or all doors. Another important thing is that is only does it 50% of the time. I even thought using one of my new keys, but the alarm will still come on periodically when opening the driver door.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lexus
10/26/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert replied 1 year ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. I believe I tried to reach you via phone twice but yiu were not available.

I believe that the detection switch inside the door latch mechanism is sticking or is otherwise defective. When you unlock the door, there is a micro-switch inside the latch/door lock solenoid that is moved by the operation of the unlock solenoid. If this switch is not moving, the alarm will go off. The switch operation is critical to break the alarm circuit when the solenoid is commanded to unlock. I would consider replacement of the driver side door lock solenoid assembly.

Toyota Service
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert