cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

My Lexus is 2001 LS 430 with MarkLevison. The audio unit

Customer Question

My Lexus is 2001 LS 430 with MarkLevison. The audio unit currently show message "audio off" when turn on. The Navigation screen and voice is still working. Cassette, CD and Radio are all off
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: Original OEM came with the car
JA: Are you fixing your IS 200t yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My car is LS 430. Took it to audio mechanic to test for Amp and everything but he found nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do I need security code when install the new radio unit?
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was told to buy a new radio unit from eBay to replace the current one but I am not sure if I need security code to install the new unit. The amp is still working as last time the technician tested.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

yes but you can get the security code with serial number off of the radio when you get it in

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does the security code show on the screen or on the sticker on the back?
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

you will have to call the dealer with the radio serial number and they will give you the unlock code over the phone

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Lexus is 2001 LS 430 with MarkLevison. The audio unit currently show message "audio off" when turn on. The Navigation screen and voice is still working. Cassette, CD and Radio are all off.
Does the radio unit broken or something else? I need to make sure before order a replacement.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

have you went in the settings and turned the audio on

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turn on by power switch. In the setting on touch screen, I don't see any option to turn on the audio. Please advice.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

give me just a moment let me look up the info

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turn on using both power/volume button and audio switch but got the same "audio off" message. Check the photo.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No need to answer. I am requesting refund on this Order ID: 16654952-280