Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

Center brake light is out, bulb replaced, but did not appear

Customer Question
burned out, fuse good. What...
Center brake light is out, bulb replaced, but did not appear burned out, fuse good. What is next step?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lexus
9/11/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Technician replied 1 year ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Technician

.
sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”
.
At the Light;
You need to check Voltage + on the GREEN / YELLOW wire with Brake Pedal pushed down
Check Ground - on the WHITE / BLACK wire
Let me know what you find

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
The way it works:
Once an answer is given, "you" as the customer, are expected to "RATE" the answer as you agreed to do.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

hello?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Way over my capabilities I have no clue how to check voltage,

You would need Test Light or DC Volt Meter & know how to use.....
Problem with this circuit, is the Brake Lights & the Center Brake Light go thru, what is called, a "Light Failure Sensor"
It could not be a Fuse, as the Brake Lights & Center Brake Lights use the same Fuse
Voltage & Ground needs to be checked to prove out Light Failure Sensor or wiring
IF you are not able to Test, then a Local Automotive Shop or Dealer will be your next step

did you need any more information?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is going to take awhile. I guess I need to see if someone has the necessary equipment. Or just take to mechanic which is not much of a response

Or just take to mechanic which is not much of a response
???
.

sorry.......was that directed at me, as I did supply needed info, but you posted you were not able to Test?
If you need to know how to use a DC Volt Meter or a Test Light, let me know & I can walk you thru that also

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Technician