Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

I have a 2002 Lexus ES300 which continues to cut off

Customer Question
intermittently. On the dashboard it...
I have a 2002 Lexus ES300 which continues to cut off intermittently. On the dashboard it reads check engine light ,VCS, and trac off.I would like to know what you think the problem is. I replaced the throttle body sensor but that did not help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lexus
8/14/2016
Lexus Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you
today.
Before we get started though, Please understand that I don't know
your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that
I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does NOT replace a
repair shop.
My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for
my time. Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you
didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

Fisrt we need to find out what codes are set in the computer, then go from there. You can get the codes read for free at most parts stores. These code readers ONLY give codes, NO DATA and we may need data later on too.

Thanks Ron

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That was horrible. If I knew I needed I would have gone to the parts store first and then giving you the codes before I paid $28. This was a waste of my time and my money and to be honest I felt like you just pulled a fast one. Would not recommend the service whatsoever

Those lights come for a reason and there is no magic here, we need to find out what codes are set prior to throwing parts at it with hopes it will fix it.

Thanks again, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor