Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Lexus is350 not sensing key after battery change and fusible

Customer Question

lexus is350 not sensing key after battery change and fusible link ?
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my battery was accidentally plugged in backwards and burnt the fusible link now the security light won't stop blinking and doesn't sense the key fob
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

After connecting a battery backwards there is often more wrong than just fuses. Often modules get damaged. Do you have access to a scan tool to see if there are any codes in any modules as well as to try reprogramming the keys?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi the car is not detecting the key so when I try scaning it is can't get anything from the computer I've traced all the wires and checked the voltage all good all the modules also seem to be good

Since all fuses are good and your scan tool will not link up, this means the PCM/ECM will need to be replaced.

Hello again Chris here,

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi how are you doing i'm just about to buy the parts i need to fix the car i was wondering would i have to get the same exact ECM code from my car for you new one ? also is the is250 and is350 ecms interchangeable i have an is350 ?

Yes some ECMs are interchangeable. You must use a matching part number to yours for it to work though.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay my original computer part number is ***** now i want to replace it with 89661-53580 with all the corresponding hardware immobilizer and keys switches would it be compatible

That is a question I can not answer. I have a tech login. A parts department dealer employee would need to look up that number to see if its compatible.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay im gonna change the ecm what else should i change for it work with the new ecm example immobilizer and what not JTHBE262765010727

If you are going to change the parts without programming then you would need to change everything from one car to your car. All parts associated with the theft system. The keys, lock cylinder, and computer.