Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

My Lexus is a 2007 ES 350, and I had AAA replace the battery

Customer Question
yesterday. Now it works fine...
My Lexus is a 2007 ES 350, and I had AAA replace the battery yesterday. Now it works fine, but I spent more than 5 hours yesterday trying to solve the problem myself and waiting for AAA.
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: The AAA technician tested the battery, and said it may still be OK. But it's 4 years old, and I just wanted a new battery at that point.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: As I stated above, I have the new battery and the vehicle worked fine this morning. I need to have the batteries replaced in the keys also, because that hasn't been done in a couple years. The car was my wife's, but she passed away 8 weeks ago from breast cancer. So here's my question.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The AAA technician had a lot of trouble with the car, and he thought that I may have activated the sensor that disables the car because the car think's it's being stolen. This is quite possible. How might I have done this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lexus
8/1/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

Real person here. Sorry to hear about your loss of your wife. Just so I can understand what exactly is going on are you saying that when you try and enter the vehicle the alarm is going off or the vehicle just won't crank over and start up? Do you have any type of aftermarket remote start or security system on the vehicle?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The battery is dead, even though I put a new battery in it about 2 months ago. So I have to use the special key to get in the door. I unlocked the hood and attached my jump box to the battery terminals, and the sound of the horn blaring is terrible. So I can't charge the battery.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The battery is dead, even though I put a new battery in it about 2 months ago. So I have to use the special key to get in the door. I unlocked the hood and attached my jump box to the battery terminals, and the sound of the horn blaring is terrible. So I can't charge the battery. No I don't have any remote start or any of that. The car has no power to anything, because the battery is dead. And when I try to charge the battery, all I get is this blaring horn noise.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The battery is dead, even though I put a new battery in it about 2 months ago. So I have to use the special key to get in the door. I unlocked the hood and attached my jump box to the battery terminals, and the sound of the horn blaring is terrible. So I can't charge the battery. No I don't have any remote start or any of that. The car has no power to anything, because the battery is dead. And when I try to charge the battery, all I get is this blaring horn noise. I am unable to send this message, and am about to give up and demand a refund of my money. No, I don't want a Free Trail, and I don't want to spend more money to call you. Why can't I send you this message?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello??? Is anybody there?
lexpert
lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech