Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

Do I need to reprogram my car after changing my battery, No

Customer Question
Hi there JA: Hello. What seems...
Hi there
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: do I need to reprogram my car after changing my battery
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: No I was just gonna buy a new one and install it like the old cars but is it that simple with an is 250 or does it require more steps ?
JA: What year is your IS 250?
Customer: 09
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just went for an oil change at Castrol and my battery registered at 460
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I don't think so my car is 09 but has only 30k miles on
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lexus
7/27/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

The only thing you may need to do is an idle relearn, which is easy.

Turn off all accessories, crank engine and let idle for 3 minutes. Then rev engine to 1500 rpms and hold for 1 minute. let return to idle for 3 more minutes. Turn engine off for 1 minute. Crank engine and drive 10 miles at varying speeds. Idle is relearned.

That is all that you would need to do when changing the battery.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager