Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

Hk my Lexus door wont open I have changed the battery from

Customer Question
the remote control and still...
Hk my Lexus door wont open I have changed the battery from the remote control and still wont open the door and I tried to manually used the key still won't open
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: Yes few times and I went to a key place to put the new battery in
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: Es(###) ###-####and also been sitting around for a month not being used cause were out of the country for vacation but k
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: But my father in law did start the car twice to make sure everything is ok
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: But when I try to used the car today the door won't open for me
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lexus
7/27/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a fault with the door latch itself.I have seen the door latch fail in the past and act up like this here needing replaced when it would not unlock electronically or with the key mechanically.Unfortunately the door interior paneling will need removed with the door stuck closed which in some cases can damage the paneling to where it would need repaired or replaced as well.Once it is removed you can use a flat blade tool or similar to operate the latch to see if you can get it to release to open the door then replace the latch assembly.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician