Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

I seem to be having a similar problem to what you dealt with

Customer Question
Hi there - I seem...
Hi there - I seem to be having a similar problem to what you dealt with in a thread awhile back... I have a 2010 GX460, and the 4Lo light just started blinking with check engine light on. Dealership is telling me $2100 fix and it's due to the plastic on the secondary air injection getting shredded and debris getting into the whole system. I'm trying to figure out if that is reasonable. Some stuff I read seems to suggest Toyota extended the warranty for a similar issue to 10yr 150k for the Tundra/Sequoia.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lexus
7/27/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would be happy to hear your answer if you have one. To be clear, I'm looking for advice on how to minimize the financial cost of this repair which the dealership is doing. Some online have said Lexus will pick up the cost. How do I make that happen?

Lexus does not have the extended warranty for this issue. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/air.pdf

You can use aftermarket or used parts to lower your repair bill or use an independent shop with a lower labor rate.

You would need to contact Lexus CS and discuss this with them to see if they will help out on the the repair. Sometimes they do for valued loyal Lexus customers that often purchase Lexus vehicles and do there service at the dealer.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician