Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

The passenger door on my 2013 ES350 will not lock or unlock

Customer Question
automaticly JA: How many miles are...
the passenger door on my 2013 ES350 will not lock or unlock automaticly
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: 68,000, no it has never happened before
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hoping to fix it myself, just manually operating lock back and forth
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lexus
6/23/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are having is usually caused by a failing door lock assembly in the door. You are going to need to start with checking for lock and unlock power at the lock . If you find you have the signal but the lock will not work then that means it has failed. See the lock location and wiring diagram in the link below . Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Loc%20actuator%20JUn%2023.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Lock%20location%20JUn%2023.pdf

Ron, ASE Certified Technician