Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

It won't go in reverse, 1999 Lexus es300, I have tried going

Customer Question
It won't go in reverse JA...
It won't go in reverse
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 1999 Lexus es300
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried going in reverse and putting it in neutral but nothing will work
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The wheels are locked up when I try to put it in neutral and push it and when in reverse pressing the gas doesn't do anything
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: 180000 miles and no this has never happened
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lexus
6/22/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Start first with looking at the shift cable where it connects to the transmission while having a helper move the shiftier to see if the shift cable is moving the shift lever at the transmission. Check this foe me and post back with the results and we can work from there.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician