Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

I have a Lexus 1999 RX300 and the AC light is blinking and

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, JA: What is the...
Hi Pearl,
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: I have a Lexus 1999 RX300 and the AC light is blinking and it shuts off after a few seconds blowing cold air. It does not do this all the time.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: I had the freon level checked and it is fine. A mechanic told me the condensor may have blockage as one side was cool and the other side warm.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not trying to fix my self. Does this soud right: A mechanic told me the condensor may have blockage as one side was cool and the other side warm.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No, the mechanic is going to plug in a testing device Wednesday to see if an error code shows cause.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lexus
6/14/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert replied 1 year ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Most often, the AC light blinking indicates that the RPM sensor built into the AC compressor is not sending the proper RPM signal to the AC amplifier unit. The RPM sensor is a safety device; it is designed to cut power to the compressor in case the compressor has an internal failure that could cause it to seize. If the safety was not there, and the compressor seized, it would cause the main drive belt to break, which would cause you to lose power steering. What you mechanic needs to do is replace the RPM sensor (if your unit has one that is replaceable); some can be replaced, others need to have the entire compressor replaced as the sensor is built into the compressor. A Toyota dealer parts dept can tell which one you have by the Vehicle Identification Number. The recommendation I have for you on this request is to replace the AC compressor RPM sensor.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Toyota Service
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert