Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

We have a Lexus 2007 Gs 350 The screen is giving "Check the

Customer Question
Hi we have a Lexus...
Hi we have a Lexus 2007 Gs 350 The screen is giving "Check the connection to the air-conditioned" we can not change the temperature of speed of the AC
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have any trouble codes popped up lately?
Customer: Around 95,000 no trouble codes
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: AC is working fine this is the only problem no other issues. Just the display saying check the connection to the air-conditioner
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: It seams it is a connection issue if so yes
JA: Is there anything else the Lexus Mechanic should be aware of about your Lexus?
Customer: No that's all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lexus
6/10/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Genchi Genbutsu, Technician replied 1 year ago
Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Technician

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your GS350.

Have you had a repair shop look at this yet or made any repair attempts?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. The message on the screen says something is disconnected so we were going to try to connect it ourselves

The problem with this display will be an internal circuit fault. These units have bad solder joints that "break" and need to re soldered. The Prius HUD and Highlander screens has the same issues. Here is what will be involved if you want to open it up and find the solder joints that broke...

Is this something you can accomplish?

lexpert
lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech