Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

I need to replace the cup holder in my 2004 Lexus 430ls :

Customer Question
I need to replace the...
I need to replace the cup holder in my 2004 Lexus 430ls
JA: What is the model of your '04 Lexus?
Customer: 430ls
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and nothing
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: I have part
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lexus
6/6/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to try and assist you with this.I may need more info in some cases to help with answering your question.

Check for any screws or clips that may be holding the cup holder in place that may need removed.If any screws or clips are found they will usually need removed to then remove and replace the cup holder.If none are visible to be removed to replace this let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Pete,
I am concerned from your response you may not be too familiar with this project, or this car. If I knew where the clips were that I needed to remove, I'd probably succeeded without help.Please, if you don't have a clue, I understand. You can't know everything. Just pass me to someone that can tell me EXACTLY what to do; where to do it; and when.jpc

I apologize for the delay and posted as I saw no one else had posted info on this here.Others here may be able to help further.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Lexus Mechanic: Technicaldan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Technicaldan
Technicaldan, Technician

Hi, although not my specialist area, I will try to help you as you are still waiting.

Using a plastic trim removal tool, pry the chrome gearshift surround off if you have one then pry off the large fake wooden cover, it's mostly push and pop fit clips.

I have put a link to a good page on centre console removal to help you.

You will then see the screws to remove the holder.

On the page, you can see in the images where the clips are.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006/546794-removing-center-console-cover.html

(there is a panel in front first to do as explained on the page)

Technicaldan
Technicaldan
Technicaldan, Technician