Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

How do I reset the kill switch on my 2001 Lexus IS300? : are

Customer Question
Hi how do I reset...
Hi how do I reset the kill switch on my 2001 Lexus IS300?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lexus. The Lexus Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Hi, are you still there?
JA: No. I'm the Lexus Mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: Can anyone help me ?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: The car is the garage
JA: Is there anything else the Lexus Mechanic should be aware of about your Lexus?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lexus
6/2/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thank you for your question,

Your 2001 dose not have a kill switch, what type of problem are you having?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I dropped off the car to get the hood painted. The guy called and said that the car would not turn on

Has he checked to make sure the battery is fully charged and the connections are clean and tight?

When you say it will not turn on are you saying it will not crank over or dose it crank and not start?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It cranks but does not start
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
U use the service key to drive the car. And the regular key to open and lock the car

In order for the car to start and run you need good spark at the spark plugs, injector pulse and proper fuel pressure. Can you have him check each one of these and see which one your lacking?

Id the theft light on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The security light is on

Have him try removing both battery cable and touch them together for a few second and see if that will reset the system. Once he has done that , have him lock the doors and use either the key or the remote to unlock the drivers door and see if the system resets as it should.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thank you. I am going to have triple A being it on front of the house. And do it. If it does not work I may call you in a about an hour

Okay, good luck. Hopefully all works out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

Your very welcome and thank you as well.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician