Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Air pump and valve replacement cost

Customer Question

air pump and valve replacement cost
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** year and Model of vehicle? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GX 2011. 62 K miles
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

GS350 or GS460?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GX 460
2011
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GX 460
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

The air pump is around $900 at the dealership because part is expensive but only a hour labor. The valve is around $400 each "there are two of them". So you are looking at around $1300 total if only one valve needs to be replaced. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dealers are expensive. Is this something that Midas or others can fix. I am in Richmond, VA
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are they ussually honest when they say both the pump and valve needs to be replaced ?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Yes this is something that any shop should be able to do and if you buy the parts yourself on ebay you can probably cut price in half. They are usually honest when saying those items need to be replaced and diagnosis is usually pretty straight forward too. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how soon is it needed to be changed? if I drive arounf for a week would that mess up my car ?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

This is only emission related so it will not cause any problems to drive as is. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you would not have any recommendations as to where would be best outside the dealership to get it done , right?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I think any place can handle the job, just buy your own parts on ebay. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

No problem, have a good evening.