Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

Check VCs light came on again. The first time it came on, I

Customer Question
screwed the gas cap on...
Check VCs light came on again. The first time it came on, I screwed the gas cap on tightly and it went off for about 2-3 weeks. It's on again.
JA: How has your mileage been lately? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: Not driving a lot lately as I work from home. It has around 165K
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just making sure that the gas cap is tight
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lexus Mechanic should know about your Lexus?
Customer: Nope, has been running like a champ
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lexus
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/25/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert replied 1 year ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Is only the VSC light on at the instrument panel?
Is that with the key on or engine running?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
engine was running and it car was parked
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the*
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The first time when it came on, I was driving. It acted like it was about to stall so I drove it home. Luckily, I was blocks from my house.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I turned it off and jumped on a few Lexus forums to see what the deal was. Several ppl said it was the gas cap. I screwed it on tightly and it went off for about 2-3 weeks
Lexus forums are, well, just that, forums where non-tech people go who do not know about Just Answer. "Check VSC" does not mean there is an issue with the gas cap. Check VSC means you have a problem with the vehicle skid control; most likely, the yaw sensor on the steering column has lost it's "Zero point calibration'. I see that you also have a check engine light on. This may be a secondary (or primary) issue. You need ot ge the car scanned in order to determine why the check engine and VSC lights are on to be sure if the VSC issue is the Yaw sensor calibration. Most auto parts stores (Autozone, NAPA, etc) will do a scan for free (so they can sell you their parts). I would get the car scanned.
The zero point calibration needs ot be done by a dealership with their scan tool and the necessary software inside the scan tool. It would be almost impossible to have this done outside of a Lexus shop
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, thanks. A buddy who owns Lexus (Lexi?) just told me to put this stuff called B-12 in and fill it up with premium gas
Absolutely not. Waste of time and a lot of money.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, thanks
You are very welcome. Thanks for choosing Just Answer. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated.
Toyota Service
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert