Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

I have sc430 and was doing some DYI installation -market

Customer Question
Hi, I have sc430 and...
Hi, I have sc430 and was doing some DYI installation for after-market radio. While I am wrapping up the installation, I found the car is not starting at all. Can you help me?
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The battery is still working, but the engine does not even crank up at all
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible. But not sure if it is something that I can fix by myself
JA: Is there anything else the Lexus Mechanic should be aware of about your Lexus?
Customer: Like what information do you need more? Please be specific
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lexus
5/16/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Hi there,More than likely your installation of your new headunit is the cause for no start condition.You have a few options.One is to put everything back to stock.Or go over your installation since you probably have a wire on what you think might be ground where in fact it is a CAN-BUS communication wire.Or tow the vehicle to a professional who will probably start again.Hope this helps.Gary
lexpert
lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech