Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

2010 es350 - cd tab is now grayed out and CD player does not

Customer Question
work. Worked great previously JA...
2010 es350 - cd tab is now grayed out and CD player does not work. Worked great previously
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lexus. The Lexus Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have 2010 Lexus es350 with built in CD changer. When I select Audio, the tab for CD is no longer illuminated. CD player, of course, does not work.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Is there a separate fuse for the CD UNIT? If so, where is it located?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lexus Mechanic should know about your Lexus?
Customer: CD player used to work perfectly. Then all of a sudden, it can no longer be selected on the Audio screen
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lexus
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there a separate fuse for the CD player? If so, where is it located? If good, what is the next thing to check?
5/10/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. There isnt a separate fuse that I see for this model here.The issue you have here is either a fault with software at fault in the radio/cd changer assembly and a dealer needs to check and see if a software update needs done or this is an internal electrical fault in the cd changer part of the radio itself as I have seen fail before and the radio/cd changer will need removed and either repaired by a repair facility or replaced to correct this fault. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Pete, Technician