Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

Lexus Sc430: My Lexus convertible won't open. It doesn't have

Customer Question
My Lexus convertible won't open...
My Lexus convertible won't open. It doesn't have any power. The light won't even come on when I push the button
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lexus
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The car still drives. I meant it don't have power to the top. Everything's working except the top
5/9/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Hello, we have received your request and the proper expert will respond as soon as they can . Lou P.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When do u think I will get the answer
Lexus Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!There are many possible causes for the top not working. The problem could simply be a blown fuse, the power top control module may not be awake due to an internal failure or a loss of power or ground, it could be a failed top motor, it could be the switch, or the module may be seeing an issue with an input and is disabling the top to prevent damage. The module watches a series of microswitches that monitor the position of each of the top components during operation, if it doesn't see a switch in the correct state either due to a mechanical failure, wiring, or a failed switch then it will prevent operation.If fuses are good and no visible mechanical problems are found then the first step in diagnosing the problem from there will be to use a scan tool to see if the power top module is awake, and if so what fault codes are set.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I see. Well where do I look to find the fuses for the top? I'd the light was blinking or just staying red I know what to do but it's not even doing that. So I'll start with the fuses when u tell me where to look. Thanks
The fuses in question are in the box in the trunk and are labeled as ROOF RH, ROOF LH, LGG LH, LGG RH, and P TRAY.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok What happens If those are good? Is there a module specifically for the top?
Yes, there is a module that controls the top and these are power feeds to it. If the fuses are good and no visible problems can be seen then the next step in diagnosis is to use a scan tool to see what fault codes are setting.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I'll try that and see what codes pop up and I'll let u know thanks
You're welcome!
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician