Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

Pearl--I hope you can help me, I have a 2001 Lexus RX

Customer Question
Hello Pearl--I hope you can...
Hello Pearl--I hope you can help me, I have a 2001 Lexus RX 300 and my radio and CD sound system will not turn ON. The Sound system on the GPS on the dash works well. The screen reads AUDIO OFF. I have tried turning on the system by using the dials or the station selector to no avail. Also according to my handbook manual my direction indicator does not indicate direction of travel, North, South,. etc. Does not appear to have power and my doors do not lock or open automatically.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: What code are you referring to???
JA: It's a tool that mechanics use to help diagnose what's wrong with a car. Not to worry - the mechanic will know how to find that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself? It's a tool that mechanics use to help diagnose what's wrong with a car. Not to worry - the mechanic will know how to find that out.
Customer: No I do not have that tool. I had hoped tom do it myself. I took it to the Lexus Dealer in my area and the want $200.00 just to look at it and then they will give me a price to fix it. I was informed by the service master that it could cost up to $700.00 to $1000.00. This is a 2001 model. ???
JA: OK! The Lexus Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Lexus Mechanic should know about your Lexus? What confuses you?
Customer: I am having difficulty finding the control switch that controls how long the head lamps remain illuminated after I turn the motor off. They stay on for a long time and it has killed the battery twice. I am most grateful for your assistance in these matters. Thank You
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lexus
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/30/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. The issues here may all be related and may be due to an internal electrical fault in a body control module as I have seen fail before in some cases.If you have not checked to make sure all fuses are o.k. in all fuse panels this needs done and if a fault is found the affected fuse will need replaced.If all fuses are o.k. unfortunately the fault codes will need read out and diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here as an internal ecu fault with a control module is most common to be the fault here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Pete, Technician