lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

I have a rx330 2005. CD player says error 3 cd won't open

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Lexus. The Lexus Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It is stuck on the 3rd cd Won't open if I try to move ahead it turns off door won't open to remove cd's. The 3rd cd is the only one that will play
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible or perhaps my son - he has b
JA: Is there anything else the Lexus Mechanic should be aware of about your Lexus?
Customer: Metric tools
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Rx330.Have you made any repair attempts to this radio unit yet or tried disconnecting the battery for 30 min?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No we have made no attempts to to repair. Have not tried to disconnect the battery - are you referring to the main battery?
Yes, the main battery. Try disconnecting it for 30 minutes and then reconnecting it. That may "reboot" the system. The main problem is that ERROR Code 3 means that the system has a mechanical function problem. That means something is physically wrong with the CD player. Is this the original player in this vehicle?
Were you able to give this a try?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No . I was not comfortable disconnecthing the battery.
That's ok. Please when you get a chance, please have someone who does feel comfortable give this a try. If this doesn't work, and because we are dealing with a mechanical issue, a new/used radio unit will be needed.Does this make sense?