Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Lexus LS400: my 1990 lexus ls400 speedometer isn't working.

Customer Question

my 1990 lexus ls400 speedometer isn't working. I have replaced what is called the speed sensor but that didn't help. The part I need is located near the speed sensor with a 3 prong outlet. Im told it converts the gear drive to a digital readout. I cant find one anywhere or even the correct name for this part. HELP!!!!!
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. If there are no transmission shifting issues with this fault here or engine running issues at all this fault here can be caused by an internal electrical fault in the speedometer itself with it needing removed and repaired or removed and replaced.I have seen the speedometer fail in the past before needing repaired or replaced for this fault here.If there are issues with transmission shifting or engine running issues with this here let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete