Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.
7276279

I have a Lexus SC430 and all of a sudden the top wont come

Customer Question

I have a Lexus SC430 and all of a sudden the top wont come down. No light comes on. Could it be a fuse and if so where would that be located???
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. Are you planning on changing the fuse yourself?
Customer: I was going to ask a friend if I could find out where it is and if you think that might be the issue???
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to fuse guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Awesome I love it!!!
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Lexus Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: that is it
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Customer: thanks so much
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you can tell me the year of your SC430 I will have a look at the wiring diagrams for your Top and see if I can help you with this concern. Post back with complete information and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2005
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Thank you , in order to beging to know where to start the diagnostic the first thing that needs to be done is to scan the system and see if there are any fault codes setting in the Convertible Top Control Module. There should be if the system is not working. If you can get this done and post back with them I will help you from there. The fuse to check are fuse #6 and #10.