Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

2005 lexus 430 trunk will not stay locked down. Pops back…

Customer Question
2005 lexus 430 trunk...

2005 lexus 430 trunk will not stay locked down. Pops back up

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The trunk lid mech pulls the trunk down to lock but a few seconds later it released like you hit the release button

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lexus
3/6/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 2 years ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

has there been any rear end damage to the car???

Roy

No
The trunk mechanism pulls it down two seconds later it opens closes opens again and then stays open. I've purchased a used part to see if it would be any better and it does the same thing.

did you adjust it so it was tight fitting with the body???

Roy

No I didnt. Is there a height adjustment
When closed sits a little below fender

yes, either the mounting area for the laych is slotted or thepiece on the trunk is slotted to adjust how tight it closes

Roy

I looked at 5he bottom and did not see a height adj. I will check mech to see. Don't remember seeing a slot

it is on the piece you replaced and the part it attaches to on the trunk

Roy

I will check it shortly

ok