Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Some shop said they tried to put a gps in, and when they…

Customer Question
Some shop said they...

Some shop said they tried to put a gps in, and when they lowered panel, all kinds of wires came out from aftermarket things, and started to spark. now car wont start, and has no dash lights, and somerthing strange, windows only work for a second while i am pressing start button only. im sorry. 06 is 350

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Car wont start, no dash lights, power windows only work briefly while pressing the start button.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lexus
3/6/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to try and figure out what has failed and causing the no start they need to start first with repairing the wiring that is shorting out and also determine what system have been affected by this add on aftermarket things. Have then check and see if there is an add on alarm system that could affect the starting. You could also check and see if you are getting good spark to the spark plug as well as injector pulse and proper fuel pressure. If you can check each of these things and post back with which one you are lacking I will try and help you determine the cause of the no start.