Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

My rx300 just starting acting like the motor is going to…

Customer Question
My rx300 just starting...

My rx300 just starting acting like the motor is going to explore what one i get above 40-45 it goes back to normal

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Car idle fines, i put in gear to drive it, it sounds a machine gun and shakes the whole car i push it up to 40mph and it goes away

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lexus
3/3/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is***** on description this would sound like a worn transmission or motor mount. You will need to look eat each mount during problem to see which one has the most play then replace. This would be around $400 to have done at a shop. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.