Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I shut car off started to open a window, shut it off,

Customer Question
restarted to close window shut...
I shut car off started to open a window, shut it off, restarted to close window shut off and now I have no electrical power. Car will nopt start open doors honk horn, or anythimg
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lexus
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/28/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert replied 2 years ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. You have absolutely no electrical power anywhere in the car? Please confirm

None

Ok. This sounds very much like a battery issue.. Assuming a plate has not failed inside the battery (which would cause no current to flow). You might have connection issues.. Can you take the battery terminals off and see if there is corrosion on the battery terminals and the battery posts? Also see if one of the clamps on the battery terminals is loose. A 12 volt DC testlight of DC voltmeter would be really handy here if you have one or can get one.