Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I have a 2008 lexus is250, the airconditioner works fine and…

Customer Question
Hi I have a 2008...
Hi I have a 2008 lexus is250, the airconditioner works fine and cools but the screen when touched does not respond just for the airconditioning controls how can Infix it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lexus
2/27/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is this for any controls you try and use that the screen does not work at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Actually the screen is on when I press it on climate it does not respond to the touch
The screen wil not respond to radio either just gps
Actually just checked and does mot respond to audio displayinfo destination or menu

I apologize for the delay.

O.k.,this is a fault with the integration control panel on the dash itself.This is the touch screen assembly.This fails internally and causes this issue here unfortunately as I have seen and had to replace before.This will have to be removed and replaced to correct this fault.Unfortunately this assembly is around $1700 to have replaced.In some cases you can locate a used one at a salvage yard or at http://www.car-part.com and have it delivered to you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician