Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I bought 2007 lexus RX 400H of the auction the car drive…

Customer Question
I bought 2007 lexus...

I bought 2007 lexus RX 400H of the auction the car drive excellent everything works fine except the power steering not working !! its very hard to turn the wheels right or lift but i am managing to drive it but i have to work out to keep up with driving it everyday!!! what should i check for? considering the vehicle was hit from the right side by the doors

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

EPS light on with check engine light no code on the scanner? that's it!!1

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lexus
hello!
i contacted lexus usa with my vin number they said the only recall for my car is for some emmission sensor thats all i asked them if any recall for power steering they said no!!
i hope the problem i have with my power steering is something simple! and i am just wandering if i do some alignments to all four wheels witch i beleive i dont need since the car drive exccellent on highways would that fix the problems?
2/23/2016
Lexus Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. As long as the EPS light is on the steering will not function. You will need to read the EPS module using the correct scan tool to know for sure what is going on. Most of the time this is caused by a failure in the steering angle sensor in the steering column, but not always. Please let me know if you need more help.

Where is the steering angle sensor is located and can it be used how much more less ? And if I work on cars is it easy to be replaced ?
Thanks!
Thanks!

It is located in the steering column. It would have to be a new install and a then a factory scan tool would be needed to calibrate it.

Where can I get a factory Scamer ? and how much is the factory scanner ? And steps to calibrate please ? Also can I buy a used sensor or it has to be new?your respons is appreciated
Thanks !