Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I have 2006 gs 300. my key fo will not activate my car. the…

Customer Question
I have 2006 gs...

I have 2006 gs 300. my key fo will not activate my car. the push stat will not turn the car on. I can"t open the doors with it, the doors will not lock when I try to push the button manually on the door. its like the car is dead. what is the matter. I just replaced the battery in I the fob 2 weeks ago and it light ups still

Mechanic's Assistant: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Lexus Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

I hope so. I'm trying to trade it this week for another car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Lexus Mechanic should be aware of about your Lexus?

No . it started last week when i drove it.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lexus
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Am i going to get an answer soon?? what's hold up
Answered in 1 day by:
2/23/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

By the symptoms, I suspect that the keyless entry control module has failed, but I need to get the vin number to pull the schematics to see if there is anything else that would cause it

Could it be a dead battery
JTHCH96s360020107
If that is the case. What do i have do to fix it.

If the car battery either has at least one dead cell or completely dead, it could cause it, but normally you would have notice some symptoms of a weak battery such as dim lights, slow starting, power windows working very slowly, battery light on. Unless the car has been sitting for awhile unused, then you would not have noticed any symptoms.

If it is the keyless control module, the only option is to replace it. I am going to pull the schematics now and go thru them. Give me about 15 minutes.

If you have a voltmeter handy, check the voltage on the car battery. If under 10v, replace it. If 10v to 11.5v, have it charged. If 11.5v or higher, then it has enough power to start the vehicle

The car has been sitting for a while. I rarely drive it in the winter. It had been sitting for 3 months until last week when i drove it. Then i went back yesterday to start it again and thats when it started acting up. I think this is the original factory battery in it.

HI,

Ok, then we do need to check the battery. If you dont have a voltmeter, then you can take the battery out and take to any parts store and they will test if for free and if needed, they can charge it overnight for you if you dont have a battery charger