Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have 2006 gs 300. my key fo will not activate my car. the

Customer Question

I have 2006 gs 300. my key fo will not activate my car. the push stat will not turn the car on. I can"t open the doors with it, the doors will not lock when I try to push the button manually on the door. its like the car is dead. what is the matter. I just replaced the battery in I the fob 2 weeks ago and it light ups still
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Lexus Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i hope so. I'm trying to trade it this week for another car.
JA: Is there anything else the Lexus Mechanic should be aware of about your Lexus?
Customer: no . it started last week when i drove it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am i going to get an answer soon?? what's hold up
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

By the symptoms, I suspect that the keyless entry control module has failed, but I need to get the vin number to pull the schematics to see if there is anything else that would cause it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could it be a dead battery
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
JTHCH96s360020107
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If that is the case. What do i have do to fix it.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

If the car battery either has at least one dead cell or completely dead, it could cause it, but normally you would have notice some symptoms of a weak battery such as dim lights, slow starting, power windows working very slowly, battery light on. Unless the car has been sitting for awhile unused, then you would not have noticed any symptoms.

If it is the keyless control module, the only option is to replace it. I am going to pull the schematics now and go thru them. Give me about 15 minutes.

If you have a voltmeter handy, check the voltage on the car battery. If under 10v, replace it. If 10v to 11.5v, have it charged. If 11.5v or higher, then it has enough power to start the vehicle

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car has been sitting for a while. I rarely drive it in the winter. It had been sitting for 3 months until last week when i drove it. Then i went back yesterday to start it again and thats when it started acting up. I think this is the original factory battery in it.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, then we do need to check the battery. If you dont have a voltmeter, then you can take the battery out and take to any parts store and they will test if for free and if needed, they can charge it overnight for you if you dont have a battery charger