Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Mi name is ***** *****, Mi car has The code p0440 And i

Customer Question
Mi name is *****...

Mi name is ***** ***** , Mi car has The code p0440 And i change The gas cap But still The code has not disapear

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Is a 2000 lexus And The scanner reads The code p0440 I am trying to find out how to fix it Without spending so MUCH money

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lexus
2/21/2016
Lexus Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me which model Lexus this is?

Is a Lexus GS(###) ###-####ear

Thank you. And how long after the cap was replaced and the code was erased did the code come back?

I replace The cap today And run The car for a while then, i scan The car And The code still pop

Thank you. After installing a new cap it can take over 50 key cycles before the code resets. If your scan tool does not have the ability to reset it you will need to give it more time to do so.