Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Car involved in an accident. harness was damaged. replaced…

Customer Question
car involved in an accident...
car involved in an accident. harness was damaged. replaced with new oem harness. not sure why obd/dlc not communicating with ecu.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lexus
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
tested obd port and it has ground and power. car starts and runs fine. also key fob buttons doesnt work. also tailgate not opening but can hear sound like it wants to open.
2/19/2016
Lexus Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The lack of communication may just be scan tool related if the vehicle does start and run normally with no warning lights on. If bus communication wasn't possible then if the engien actually did start, you'd at least see all warning lights on.

What harness was replaced?

What is the brand and model of the scan tool you're using?