Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

My car will not start and there is a p/s and pcs light on?

Customer Question
Hello, my car will...

Hello, my car will not start and there is a p/s and pcs light on? Please tell me if you can how to troubleshoot the problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Lexus. The Lexus Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

I am sorry...the P/S came on and Check VSC.....the car will not start...

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Is their a way to start the car without the push start?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Lexus Mechanic should be aware of about your Lexus?

We are out of town and no where near a lexus dealership!

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Lexus
the p/s and check vsc light is on, car wont start
2/14/2016
Lexus Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

I see that your question has gone unanswered when I got on this morning. Do you still require assistance? Will the vehicle start and run at all? When you turn the car on using the start button does the light in the start button turn green? What year and model Lexus do you have?

the light turns green, brought to a local firestone. ...they are saying the computer is not communicating at all, but fuses are good, all lights, displays in vehicle are working.....but just not turning over, even when they tried to jump it.
It is an 06 GS300

When they say the computer is not communicating did they try and put the Scan tool up to it to see if there any code set in the engine control computer and it comes back as not able to connect or no network found? Do you know what type of scan tool they are using did you inquire to that? Are all the normal warning lights illuminating on the instrument panel? And any time did the battery get jumped backwards?

They used the diagnostic machine. Comes back as unable to connect. Yes all normal lights are illuminated.

Do you have the vehicle identification number available so I can check a few things? What is the Firestone stores course of action at this point? Do they have anybody that is able to diagnose connectivity issues or network communication issues? Has any work been done to the vehicle recently is there any history on the car leading up to the current problem?

No work has been done prior to. The firestone said I need to take to a dealer.....but a dealer is 45 min. away.

It is difficult to give you a definitive answer on the situation. If the light in the start button is turning green this means immobilizer circuit is communicating on the network. If it still will not engage the starter and crank over it's possible that there is a problem related to a power supply to the diagnostic link connector which might explain why their scan tool will not interface with the computer systems. If there is a nearby Toyota store closer than Lexes they can easily diagnose this vehicle also and probably would be cheaper. Do you have the vehicle identification number available so I can look at the history of the car?